Farmers Insurance Careers
Lead Backend Engineer
Requisition ID: 1800013E
- You will set the tone, quality and culture for the backend team.
- You will lead and mentor by example. Yes, you will code, document and set style guides so the team could refer to a “source of truth”.
- You will develop new services that are part of Farmers roadmap.
- You will advocate for performance and engineering best practices.
- You will research new technologies that will extend your skills and the value that Farmers Insurance can offer to our customers.
- You will collaborate with other team members, architects, business analysts and product owners.
- 1+ Year experience as a Lead.
- You should have experience with other scripting languages (Python, Ruby, Perl)
- You must have knowledge of HTTP, REST and SOAP
- Experience driving process improvement and mentoring a team.
- You can demonstrate the reasoning and explain technical trade-offs
- Aptitude to solve problems
- Knowledge of data schemes and databases
- Experience with PaaS and MBaaS are a bonus
- You should know how to instantiate an EC2 or deploy on Heroku
Job Posting: 08/29/2018