Farmers Insurance Careers
User Experience Designer & Researcher
Requisition ID: 180001DI
- Designs studies that address both user behavior and attitudes.
- Coordinates, conducts, and moderates usability tests and prepare written analysis. Independently leads activities to define scope, goals, methodology, and participant criteria; recruit and schedule participants, moderate research sessions, analyze results, and report actionable findings to stakeholders.
- Collects, organizes, and analyzes qualitative data that directly relates to user experience design.
- Conducts research using a wide variety of qualitative methods (with a strong understanding of quantitative methods).
- Works with UX department and cross departmental teams to develop user test scripts that skillfully solicit feedback from users.
- Acts as a user research resource on cross-disciplinary project/product teams.
- Works with UX designers to test proposed look and feel designs and recommend features, functionality, and specific interactions based on analysis of business goals and user needs.
- Combines quantitative metrics and qualitative feedback into actionable improvements. Generate insights that both fuel ideation and evaluate designs.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in User Experience, Interaction Design, Cognitive Science, or Graphic Design, or Human Computer Interaction.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant UX research experience
- Experience designing and writing discussion guides, screeners, test protocols, and final reports.
- Knowledge and understanding of UX best practices, Lean UX, mobile first, and Agile workflow
- Preferably worked in a research role at consumer focused company
- Working knowledge of secondary research methods, including desk research, market research firms, and other vendors
- Demonstrated experience producing paper and digital prototypes for testing
Collaborates with product managers, UX Director and developers to define and deliver innovative, iterative solutions for our consumer facing properties.
Work collaboratively within product teams on defining requirements, producing wireframes, storyboards, user flows, user interfaces and interactions, visual designs, prototyping, and testing.
Participate in design team reviews/critiques at various stages of UX and visual design phases to maintain a balanced and holistic product and brand overview.
Job Posting: 08/01/2018