Farmers Insurance Careers
Program Manager II - Woodland Hills, CA
Requisition ID: 180004YJ
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Manages a group of staff; Plans and controls day to day project tasks and budgets; Adheres to IT governance; Manages relationship with immediate environment, enabling commitment; Works with business unit to define needs and arranges appropriate resources; Coordinates delivery of work from all suppliers for a large scale project, including risk, quality, change management, schedule, and financial management; Accountable for development of work orders/cost estimates to/from suppliers, Acceptance Criteria and User Acceptance Testing; Responsible for project level planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Manages an employee based team of 3-4 people.
- Manages supplier relationship which consists of onshore and offshore resources.
- Monitors and ensures that Critical Success Factors (CSF), Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) are met by suppliers.
- Works with stakeholders from other support groups, development teams, infrastructure teams and business contacts for production issues and implementations.
- Effectively handles production incidents/outages. This includes timely and critical communications to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensures that root cause identification is secured for all incidents. Identifies recurring patterns and takes actions for permanent and preventive solutions.
- Oversees and participates in transition management related tasks for key initiatives.
- Reviews and evaluates monthly infrastructure expenditures.
- Identifies savings opportunities related to infrastructure expenditures.
- Produces high quality presentations, scorecards and implementation plans.
- Plans, leads, and oversees infrastructure changes, upgrades etc.
- Supports ITIL processes and makes sure to enforce and abide by them (Change, Incident, Problem)
- Identifies opportunities to automate manual processes and improve existing processes.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
- 3+ years’ management experience in a Production Support or Development environment supporting distributed and mainframe technologies.
- 2+ years’ infrastructure support/coordination related experience.
- IT experience with a policy administration application for Property & Casualty Insurance is a plus.
- Must have high proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Experience with Tableau, Dynatrace products, and TeaLeaf are a big plus.
- Must have strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills
- Must have excellent time management skills to handle multiple assignments and competing priorities.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must have the ability to explain complex concepts/issues in simple terms.
- Exposure to Agile methodologies, automation & continuous integration is highly desirable.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 08/29/2018