Farmers Insurance Careers
Application SME I - MS SQL Server/MS Business Intelligence
Requisition ID: 1800053C
- Work under the direction of Solution Design Manager on multiple Business Insurance (Rating) Projects, enhancements, rate revisions and defects.
- Independently work on the assigned projects and enhancements and come up with high level design.
- Prepare estimates based on high-level requirements for projects and Release Items and document assumptions.
- Interface with Business (Product Owners) and Business Analysts to understand functional requirements and translate into high level design.
- Provide testing recommendations for functional & regression testing for the assigned projects & assignments.
- Review pre & post production validation results to make sure that the changes migrated are working as expected.
- Troubleshoot production defects, perform root cause analysis and provide guidance to team on the fixes. Communicate the relevant details (issue, root cause, fix, clean up, etc.) to business and take ownership of the issue until the cleanup is done.
- Ensure the SLA for all project/release timelines are met and able to communicate any delays/issues to business for valid reasons.
- Review, design, code and migrate changes for smooth project delivery.
- Analyze and make recommendations for the need of system backup, security, balancing & controls; recommends approaches for meeting such needs.
- At least 5 years of experience in application development using MS SQL Server, MS Business Intelligence .
- Exposure to Java/J2EE technologies.
- Exposure to reporting tools .
- Experience in Financial Services Industry and Property & Casualty Insurance Industry and knowledge on policy premium calculation or rating concepts is desirable.
- Experienced in facilitating in-person and remote meetings with Business & IT resources.
- Experience in interactions with onsite and offshore IT teams.
- Experienced in effective management of multiple competing and frequently changing assignments and priorities.
- Exposure to agile methodologies, testing automation & continuous integration is desirable.
- Strong analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Effective time and priority management.
- Quick learner, self-starter, organized, and detail oriented.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Ability to explain complex concepts/issues in simple terms.
- Ability to identify and appropriately escalate issues/risk to management for direction.
Job Posting: 01/04/2019