Farmers Insurance Careers
Application Development Senior Director
Requisition ID: 180005EY
- Responsible for assignments that are broad, and may be strategic or tactical in nature.
- Contributes to strategic, operational, and tactical plans that are aligned with the corporate mission.
- Occupies leadership role in the preparation and evaluation of complex work plans and proposals.
- Formulates standards and guidelines for assigned area.
- Evaluates and implements continuous improvement activities.
- Provides consultation and direction to senior management on impact of major policy, procedures, or program change.
- Provides technical and business leadership within the organization.
- Deals with moderately diverse problems or activities in related functions.
- Directs activities for assigned areas Performs other duties as assigned.
- Technical Development Role Develops requirements for complex application systems, including the implementation requirements for advanced, complex technological environments. Involves supervision of other technical resources, and routine contact with high-level business management.
- Demonstrates and has extensive background in integration testing, advanced technology concepts, multiple database skill, workbench skills, data modeling, user presentations, and feasibility studies.
- Technical Architecture Role Leads the analysis and development of strategic plans involving multiple technical architectures for a small to site level size enterprise.
- Involves facilitation of senior user management and analysis of critical business success factors related to technology.
- Demonstrates and has expert knowledge of multiple methodology expertise, strategic planning information engineering focus expertise, advanced technology development at the enterprise level, and formal facilitation (Joint Application Review/Development).
- 9+ years of experience in a task/proposal lead role 3+ years leadership/management experience.
- Experience in Application Development is required.
- Some experience with Data and Infrastructure is preferred; however Application Development experience is required.
- Project management and development skills.
- Current ongoing awareness of technology and business trends to determine where to apply new technologies.
- Knowledge of IT concepts and disciplines to enable completion of difficult assignments.
- Experience in leading division level projects.
- Agile experience preferred.
Job Posting: 11/13/2018