Farmers Insurance Careers
Mainframe Application Support Subject Matter Expert
Requisition ID: 180005FI
- Work under the direction of IT Program Manager and master all mainframe production batch applications for Personal Lines.
- Ensure Critical Success Factor (CSF), Service Level Agreements (SLA) and Key Performance Indicators (KPI) are met for all batch applications.
- Present Metrics / Trends / Dashboards & SLAs to Farmers management.
- Communicate delays/issues to other partnering applications, business, vendors and Farmers management.
- Work with stakeholders from other support groups, development teams, infrastructure teams and business contacts for production issues
- Communicate the relevant details on production issues, perform and provide root cause, proposed resolution and clean up status to all stakeholders.
- Independently work or work with a team on assigned projects and enhancements. Develop applicable documentation such as project plans, implementation plans, and impact analysis.Present Metrics / Trends/ Dashboards with defined metrics & SLAs
- Provide testing recommendations for functional & regression testing for the assigned projects, assignments and during handover/consultation meetings.
- Analyze and make recommendations for the need of system backup, security, balancing & controls.
- Support ITIL processes and makes sure to enforce and abide by them (Change, Incident, Problem)
- Review pre & post production validation results to make sure that the changes migrated are working as expected.
- Coordinate and support ticket intake, timely execution and closure.
- Create tickets for Development/Agile teams for permanent/code fixes.
- Troubleshoot production defects, perform root cause analysis and provide guidance to team on the resolution. Communicates the relevant details to business and takes issue ownership.
- Conduct system studies, analyze existing automated and manual processes to improve efficiency; research and develop techniques for automation.
- Participate in Incident and Problem management calls.
- Participate in Disaster Recovery exercise as needed
- Coordinate and participates in Audits.
- Will be required to work on-call as needed to support scheduled activities and production Incidents.
- 5+ years’ experience in Production Support or Development environment supporting mainframe technologies such as COBOL, CICS, JCL, DB2, EASYTRIEVE, VSAM, and Fileaid. Knowledge of REXX and Assembler language is a big plus.
- 3+ years’ experience on mainframe batch monitoring, abend resolution, different file formats and storage.
- 2+ years’ experience working knowledge of HP Quality Center, SharePoint, MS Office Suite and ServiceNow.
- 2+ years’ experience coordinating offshore team work assignments.
- IT experience in policy administration application for Property & Casualty Insurance is preferred.
- Capable of facilitating in-person and remote meetings with Business & IT resources.
- Experienced in effective management of multiple competing and frequently changing assignments and priorities.
- Exposure to agile methodologies, testing automation & continuous integration.
- Ability to explain complex concepts/issues in simple terms.
- Ability to identify and appropriately escalate issues/risk to management for direction.
- Ability to apply quantitative data analysis techniques to improve processes, and ability to interpret data in a business framework (trends, opportunities, action items), present data, and provide analyses and insights to Farmers management
- Good working knowledge on policy premium calculation or rating concepts is desirable.
- Must have the ability to apply quantitative data analysis techniques to improve processes, and ability to interpret data in a business framework (trends, opportunities, action items), present data, and provide analyses and insights to Farmers management.
- Experienced in creating audit reports is highly desirable.
- Must have excellent time management skills to handle multiple assignments and competing priorities.
- Exposure to Agile methodologies, testing, automation & continuous integration is highly desirable.
- Must have strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to explain complex concepts/issues in simple terms.
- Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Job Posting: 08/29/2018