Farmers Insurance Careers
Monitoring Tools Engineer
Requisition ID: 180005FJ
Design, develop, and deploy various Enterprise Monitoring tools and solutions. This role is to continue developing and executing the CIEM (Continuous Intelligent Enterprise Monitoring) roadmap as we iterate through the plan. The ideal candidate will have hands on experience in the implementation and administration of Enterprise Monitoring.
- Design, develop and deploy various monitoring solutions.
- Develop functional procedure and system documentation as needed.
- Develop dashboards for IT operations, production support, app/dev teams, as well as executives.
- Analyze and identify thresholds to establish meaningful alerts.
- Work with infrastructure teams to establish baseline monitoring and thresholds for core technologies.
- Work with application teams to create custom alerts for critical applications.
- Work with various teams to understand transactions that need to be monitored and develop solutions to meet those requirements.
- Perform configuration, tuning, and troubleshooting of monitoring platform.
- May require occasional traveling.
- Good written and oral skills in local language.
- 5+ years in large enterprise environments.
- Proven track record of successfully implementing enterprise projects.
- Motivated self-starter capable of working on individual tasks as well as team-oriented tasks.
- Ability to clearly communicate status and updates.
- Ability to prioritize competing tasks and escalate as needed.
- Skilled in problem solving and learning new technologies.
- Experience with IT Operations, ITIL, ITSM.
- Experience with SDLC and application development.
- APM tools (AppDynamics, Dynatrace, New Relic, etc).
- Log Management (Splunk with knowledge in ITSI and ITOA).
- IBM Tealeaf.
- Network Monitoring (Thousand Eyes, DCRUM, SevOne).
- Infrastructure Monitoring (Sciencelogic).
- Windows/Unix/AIX/Linux/Solaris Server, Server, Networking (Cisco), VOIP, IIS, Active Directory, SQL Server, Oracle Database, and Virtualization.
Job Posting: 11/13/2018
Other Locations: United States, Texas, Austin