Farmers Insurance Careers
IT Infrastructure Architect
Requisition ID: 180005JG
- Produce infrastructure designs for large and/or architecturally significant IT initiatives.
- Work closely with the Enterprise Architecture team to ensure standard solutions and technologies are correctly leveraged by the Design & Engineering team.
- Provide architecture oversight and sign-off on the detailed designs produced by service providers.
- Serve as an architectural or subject matter expert advisor to senior IT management, and mentor junior level technical staff within multiple functional areas of the IT organization.
- Partner with business stakeholders to design next generation technology solutions, while continuing to support existing business capabilities on legacy systems.
- Assist project managers as well as the business facing team with project onboarding.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the organization's technologies and architectures.
- Identify and lead the resolution of highly complex technical problems.
- Skilled in presentation, listening, interpreting, and providing unsolicited feedback as required.
- A minimum of 8 years of direct experience working with a variety of technology systems and designing solutions.
- Deep understanding of the current state of enterprise infrastructure, automation and orchestration, continuous integration/deployment, and cloud-based delivery models.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Strong understanding of Cyber Security requirements and demands as they relate to infrastructure provisioning and operations.
- Comfortable discussing business needs, gathering requirements, and recommending solutions.
- Comfortable with technology capacity and performance sizing.
- Comfortable with leading whiteboard discussions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (both written and oral).
- Proven knowledge with Network: LAN, WAN, SD-WAN (Cisco, Palo-alto), switches, firewalls, DMZ, CDN, DNS, VPN.
- Proven knowledge with Hosting and Storage: Compute (Linux, windows) Virtualization (VMWARE) and Converged - Hybrid infrastructure.
- Proven knowledge with Cloud Solutions: IAAS, PAAS, AWS, Azure, IBM/Bluemix, Google Cloud Platform.
- Proven knowledge with EUC and mobility: VMware Horizon 7 Enterprise, VMware User Environment Management, Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop.
- Proven knowledge with Email & AD: Active Directory, Exchange, Azure AD Premium.
Job Posting: 10/01/2018
Other Locations: United States, California, Woodland Hills