Farmers Insurance Careers
Java Technical Lead
Woodland Hills, California
Requisition ID: 180005T1
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Energetic and self-motivated, the ideal candidate will possess a value-driven & customer centric mindset. Someone who acts proactively and shows persistence and sees long term impacts. The individual will be highly process oriented with experience of successfully implementing complex projects in a large organization. The candidate should be able to manage a team effectively while keeping people informed, while enabling the team to function at an optimal level.
Provides expertise in the design and functionality of business applications; Understands customers’ business processes and products and how best they can be supported; Reviews and validates the detailed technical design for business applications; Performs quality review checks on project deliverables; Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system; Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality; Specifies / recommends integration and parallel testing criteria; Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting system environmental issues.
Essential Job Functions
- Excellent in project delivery in Agile methodology and requires good project design/coding/UT skills
- Reviews and validates the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements; Validates suppliers estimates.
- Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new product functionality.
- Performs quality review checks on project deliverables Acts as liaison between Business and IT.
- Supports users in building Business Case, including cost / benefit analysis, risk assessment, project scope, and development of a high level plan.
- Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting system environmental issues.
- Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system.
- Specifies / Recommends Integration and Parallel testing criteria.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
- Experience in Property & Casualty Insurance is desirable
- 4 years of development experience in any of structured programming languages (e.g Java, GOSU, C, C++).
- Strong understanding of data integration and ETL methodologies.
- Strong expertise with SQL on Oracle / DB2 / Microsoft SQL Server.
- Guidewire PC Suite implementation and/or “Legacy to Guidewire” conversion experience is highly desirable.
- Proficient in ETL, data modeling and SQL application tuning is desirable
- Experience in leading and managing Internal and globally diversified development teams.
- Ability to work in multiple cross functional project(s) from conception through to completion.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and issues.
- Understand the “why and what” before the “how”.
- Communicate effectively and clearly through written and verbal communication skills.
Special Skill Requirement
Able to actively take part in meetings and conferences and communicate effectively. Capable of composing reports and technical explanations. Good written and oral skills in local language. May require occasional traveling
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Full-time Job Posting: