Farmers Insurance Careers
Sr. ETL Developer
Requisition ID: 180006EE
- Application Subject Matter Expert II to provide expertise in the ETL design, development, and functionality of the Enterprise Operational Data Store (ODS), particularly with Personal Lines Claims data functionality within ODS.
- The ODS SME will be responsible for the conceptual design of ODS applications; reviewing and validating technical designs provided by suppliers; performing quality review checks on project deliverables; validating supplier estimates; performing impact analysis of application changes across various components; estimating Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) to implement new application functionality; specifying/recommending integration and parallel testing criteria; supporting all implementation activities; and mentoring lower level colleagues.
- Formulating and defining system scope and business objectives through research and fact-finding to develop or modify ODS assets.
- Coordinating with business partners (particularly Claims Business and Actuarial teams), architects, analysts, and developers to create IT specification documents based on business requirements.
- Understanding Claims business processes and products and utilizing this knowledge to appropriately interpret and translate business requirements into workable technical solutions.
- Analyzing and revising existing system logic and documentation for continuous improvement, quality, and optimization; building transformation rules to convert data from various lines of business.
- Building data models and customizing data extractions/integrations based on business rules; holding an end-to-end view of the system.
- Estimating Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality.
- Managing application controls and adherence to standards - reporting results in application scorecards and status reports.
- Coordinating with supplier teams for task assignment, code reviews, knowledge transition sessions, and operational activities.
- Troubleshooting system environmental issues.
- Performing quality review checks on project/release deliverables.
- Acting as liaison between Business and IT.
- Supporting users in building Business Cases, including cost/benefit analysis, risk assessment, project scope, and development of a high level plan.
- 5 + years of experience in the job offered or as a Senior Informatica Developer, Program Manager, Technical Lead, or similar position.
- 5 + years working with Personal Lines Claims data preferred (Guidewire Claim Center preferred).Not required.
- Experience with real-time and near-real-time integrations via Informatica or other integration tools.
- Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) such as Oracle and/or DB2; SQL development.
- Good written and oral communication skills in local language.
Job Posting: 11/02/2018