Farmers Insurance Careers
IT Infrastructure Cost Analyst
Requisition ID: 180006O2
- Collaborates with managers and Suppliers to analyze monthly supplier billing and ensure that billing practices are appropriate and accurate.
- Manages the invoice dispute process to ensure that agreed billing resolutions are captured in a timely manner or escalated as needed.
- Updates the ISP Quarterly Forecast and work closely with managers, IT Finance, and Suppliers to understand the consumption trend and make adjustments as needed.
- Manages key data repositories to ensure that ISP consumption is mapped appropriately to their respective business/service units.
- Supports monthly reporting regarding ISP consumption and invoice transparency as needed (including ad-hoc reports.)
- Reviews consumption of project related spend and works with project managers and delivery personnel to ensure accuracy.
- Engages the Supplier Sourcing Team to validate new contract change notices and ensure that billing is performed in line with the requirements of said changes.
- Coordinates weekly and ad-hoc meetings with Suppliers, managers, IT Finance, etc. to review questionable or complicated items and manage through to resolution.
- Assists with new IT initiatives through the analysis of consumption data and savings opportunities to support business use cases.
- Provides detailed pricing information as needed to provide transparency to new servers and help drive business decisions based on real world cost data.
- Facilitates assigned Infrastructure Demand Management meetings with a goal to provide infrastructure demand visibility, prioritization support, and promote continuous improvement. Assists with demand system updates and reporting as needed to support the process
- Identifies process improvements to call out risks, value, and sizing associated with demands
- Classifies IT infrastructure demands
- Identifies and implements process improvement and optimization opportunities within the infrastructure organization.
- Creates reports and provides report optimization supporting demand management
- Maintains professional interactions with other IT professionals.
- Continues ongoing education and certification programs (e.g. ITIL)
- Continues engagement and attendance at industry seminars, conferences, etc. Governance, Information Technology Infrastructure Trends, Supplier Management and Insurance.
- Performance Management and Career Development / Training
- 2 years experience in dealing with multiple business units and diverse employee population preferred
- 5 years working experience within an IT department and with ability to demonstrate a general understanding of the types of technologies, processes and best practices deployed at larger financial institutions preferred
- Strong interpersonal and excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Knowledge of enterprise platforms and operating systems as well as knowledge of key business functions and processes
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies is strongly preferred
- Experience analyzing large data sources to identify trends and outliers and creating customized reports based on this data
- Must be able to review complex or technical information during the demand process with the understanding of what action items need to be executed, possible dependencies, sense of urgency, and prioritization of efforts needed to ensure demand requests get the correct metrics applied for their successful evaluation from infrastructure management
- Must be able to communicate both technical and non-technical information effectively with all teams within IT, business partners, external vendors, and other entities as needed
- Must be able to build effective working relationships across diverse technology teams and work effectively with team members who are geographically dispersed
- Must be familiar with the technical environment, which describes all of the services that are necessary to deliver services to Farmers.
- Ability to effectively work in MS Excel/MS Word/PowerPoint/ MS Project
Job Posting: 08/30/2018