Farmers Insurance Careers
Automation QA Engineer
Requisition ID: 18000757
- Develops, documents, executes, and maintains technical test Cases and test data; Utilizes testing tools, as required.
- Include Rate, Integration, System, Regression Testing.
- Analyzes system and business requirements for testability.
- Reports status of test execution through defect logs / defect tracking system.
- Ensures that acceptance criteria are met Assists with resolution of environmental issues; supports application development, implementation, and user training activities, as required.
- Analyzes Test Results; assists with troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis; validates system design.
- Develops test plans, including test scenarios, test objectives, quality criteria and measurement techniques.
- Supports the Configuration / Change Management groups, as necessary, to ensure smooth transition of code through the lifecycle.
- Oversees workflow and work distribution within testing area; coordinates activities to meet service levels.
- Validates acceptance criteria for testing phase; maintains knowledge of business unit processes / products to ensure application adheres to functional and quality requirements.
- Provides guidance on the usage of testing tool and development of test Scenario, test Objective, and test Case to Levels I and II Testing Specialists.
- Participates in depth analysis and development of new or revised standards, methodologies, and processes within Testing; develops training material, as necessary.
- Ability to critically analyze both business and functional requirements, create risk based test plans as well as detailed test cases/scripts from these.
- Responsible for creating QA ROMs from high level requirements.
- Able to analyze status reports and metrics as well as utilize them to make testing and process decisions.
- Proven ability to work effectively in an onshore-offshore model.
- Familiar and experience in using testing and agile tools such as: ALM, Rally, Selenium and UFT.
- Experience with SQL (simple and complex queries).
- Understanding of P&C Insurance.
- Experienced with Agile methodology.
Job Posting: 09/25/2018