Farmers Insurance Careers
BI Application Lead
Requisition ID: 180007HI
- People Focus: Leads a very small group of specialists who perform standard tasks. Carries out managerial tasks such as resource management, development, talent management, performance management, compensation, retention, replacement and termination.
- Planning + Controlling: Oversees the planning and controlling of a single task / project on a day-to-day basis including project budget.
- Business Results: Develops project concepts, creates plans and oversees implementation of business solutions of simple to moderate complexity.
- Governance: Adheres to organizational governance.
- Relationship Management: Interacts with business and IT partners within the immediate environment to foster commitment and teamwork.
- Coordinates delivery of work from all suppliers involved in a small scale / sub-project; Facilitates issue resolution; Reviews and approves vendor invoices/expenditures.
- Works with business unit to define critical business needs and arranges appropriate resources.
- Is accountable for work request evaluation and authorization, development and submission of work orders, as well as review of cost estimates from the suppliers.
- Is accountable for Acceptance Criteria and execution of Acceptance Testing at program level.
- Is responsible for project level planning, monitoring and reporting on project performance.
- Signs off on project deliverables; Performs internal project close down; Conducts Post-Implementation Reviews.
- Liaisons with the Application Architecture team, ISP, third parties, as necessary.
- Performs as the team lead / supervisor, where assigned.
Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science or a related field with 5 years of experience in the job offered or as a Software Engineer, Programmer Analyst, Associate, Senior Associate, Assistant Manager, or Manager of projects or similar position.
- 5 years of experience working with data warehousing, Informatica and SSIS ETL tools and Business Objects, Tableau and SSAS Reporting tools.
- At least one of the five years of experience must include project management experience using Microsoft Project.
- Experience must also include working with COBOL, assembly language programming, data modeling and SQL programming.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Program Manager I to provide production support and application developments.
Job Posting: 11/02/2018