Farmers Insurance Careers
Business Intelligence Application Lead
Requisition ID: 180007HI
The Woodland Hills, CA office of Farmers Group, Inc. seeks a Program Manager I to provide production support and application developments for a major insurance organization with expertise on BI Applications – Tableau, SAP Business Objects and SAS. Duties include managing a small group of IT staff with standard tasks. Will provide day-to-day project tasks and budgets and work with business units to define needs and arrange resources.
Will coordinate delivery of work from suppliers for small scale or sub-projects, facilitate issue resolution, and review and approve vendor invoices/expenditures. Will be accountable for work request evaluations and authorizations, development and submission of work orders and review of cost estimates from suppliers. Will also be responsible for acceptance criteria, executing acceptance testing, and project level planning, monitoring and reporting on project performance.
- Support data organization’s business intelligence/data warehousing development projects, coordinating with business partners, analysts, and developers to create IT specification documents based on business requirements by designing and developing Extract Transform Load tools and database applications.
- Is responsible for the conceptual design of business applications; building complex Business Object reports; building Tableau dashboards.
- Review and validate the technical design for business applications provided by the supplier; perform quality review checks on project deliverables.
- Work with development tools including but not limited to Business Objects, Crystal reports and Tableau, SQL, PL/SQl, SQL Server, DB2 and SAS.
- Is accountable for work request evaluation and authorization, development and submission of work orders, as well as review of cost estimates from the suppliers.
- Is accountable for Acceptance Criteria and execution of Acceptance Testing at program level.
- Is responsible for project level planning, monitoring and reporting on project performance.
- Signs off on project deliverables; Performs internal project close down; Conducts Post-Implementation Reviews.
- Liaisons with the Application Architecture team, ISP, third parties, as necessary.
- Performs as the team lead / supervisor, where assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Electronics and Communication Engineering, Computer Science or a related field with 5 years of experience in the job offered or as a Software Engineer, Programmer Analyst, Associate, Senior Associate, Assistant Manager, or Manager of projects or similar position.
- The 5 years of experience must include working with data warehousing, Business Objects, Tableau and SSAS Reporting tools.
- At least one of the five years of experience must include project management experience using Microsoft Project.
Special Skill Requirement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Program Manager I to provide production support and application developments.
Job Posting: 01/11/2019