Farmers Insurance Careers
Release Manager II
Requisition ID: 180007KP
Planning and coordinating releases from inception through build, testing and production. Coordinating and communication of environments and build schedules. Interface and communicate with various IT teams including Business Analysts, Project Managers, Development/SME, QA, Infrastructure, and Service Desk. Manage and provide reporting updates to management.
Education Requirements: Bachelors degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience.
- Schedule, coordinate and manage major releases. On time delivery as defined in the Release schedule.
- Track all delivery milestones for use cases, design documents and test cases.
- Management and communication of test and production environment set up, deployment testing timelines, and code freeze date.
- Monitor testing activities and defect resolution. Manage and Review of test dashboard during testing, attend QA and UAT test status meetings, daily defect meetings, coordinate with deployment management for the Deployment Timeline and Deployment Planning meetings, track lessons learned, manage code drop and JUT dates with development teams, communicate code freeze and Sharepoint approvals.
- Coordinate with other IT release management to determine if dependencies exist. Apply critical thinking to release planning including scope meeting to understand business urgency and impact along with consideration for release capacity.
- All IT validation and production support validation is complete and business validation is on time and target. Manage the release defects and review any reported issues and apply critical thinking to the resolution plan for the reported issues. Monitor the issues mailbox during the weekend for issues and communicate as needed. Attend the Go/No Go meeting.
- Apply critical thinking to release planning, deliverables and project execution, track lessons learned.
- Post release manage and monitor release issues to quick resolution.
- Collaborate with business and IT peers. Being reliable and credible by consistently delivering high quality results. Challenge assumptions to develop business insights.
- Proven track record leading and working as part of an Agile development team. Emphasis on producing results and moving projects forward by applying Agile principles.
- Completes releases by coordinating resources and timetables.
- Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
- Abstraction - Understand the “why and what” before the “how”. Ability to extract the essence of the business need even if business is providing their requirements in form of a solution.
- Track an organization-wide release calendar. Weekly Release Reporting.
- Inform senior management of enterprise-wide exposure to release risk and effectively mitigate it.
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written). Ability to write technical documentation and create management reports and metrics.
(Internal Title: Project Manager II)
Job Posting: 10/26/2018