Farmers Insurance Careers
Assistant Actuary FCAS
Requisition ID: 180007OH
- Performs actuarial analysis and coordinates recommendations for revisions in rates and rating plans for assigned lines of insurance; analyzes proposed rating and classification plans for new products; designs new and revised statistical reports needed for actuarial analysis of new products and in-force business.
- Performs actuarial analysis and coordination of recommendations for revisions in rates and rating plans for assigned lines of insurance.
- Coordinates and prepares rate filings and supporting technical exhibits for submission with regulatory authorities; coordinates and develops responses to insurance department questions concerning rate filings.
- Designs new and revised computer developed statistical reports needed to perform actuarial analysis of rating and classification structures.
- Performs actuarial analysis of proposed or recently enacted legislation. Represents
- Actuarial Department through participation in inter- departmental meetings and discussions with other Home Office departments and regional personnel.
- Assists in the training and development of professional actuarial personnel as assigned.
- Performs special actuarial projects as assigned. Performs actuarial analysis of loss and loss adjustment expense reserves; performs and analyzes the testing of alternative methodologies needed to reflect changes in operational procedures, legislation and current claims cost trends.
- Represents the Actuarial Department in working with outside actuaries who are auditing the loss reserve function; coordinates assembly of data for their review and answers questions concerning methodology and assumptions.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
- Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum.
- Functional ability of seeing, hearing, and speaking is required.
- Five years Actuarial experience, including one year as an Assistant or Associate Actuary.
- Continue educational development in related job field.
- Expert knowledge of SAS, VBA, Excel, Access and basic programming experience.
- Management/leadership experience
Job Posting: 10/09/2018