Farmers Insurance Careers
Customer Service Associate- Claims
Requisition ID: 180007SB
We are looking for results-driven, customer service focused individuals to build a rewarding long-term career with us as a: Customer Service Associate! Starting Pay ranges from $15.62 - $16.66 per hour based on experience and potential for additional 10% shift differential and bilingual pay.
This is a critical position, being the first point of contact and servicing our customers in need as they are filing a claim. Duties will include the following: Handling our customers' first report of claims (Auto, Homeowners, Non-Auto Liability), Taking status calls on claims. Offering services such as rentals, repair services, and fire/water restoration, and more.
This is an extremely important position as you will be working directly with our customers who may have been involved in a car accident or have had property damage to their home. Our customers expect to discuss their claim with someone who will not only handle it knowledgeably, effectively, and efficiently; but also someone who genuinely cares about them and what they are going through. One of our main goals is to make sure that our customer feels at ease at the conclusion of the call.
If this sounds like something you are interested in please take a few minutes to see our day in the life video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn-08KlEKZ0
Anticipated Start Date: February 4, 2019
Willingness to work non-traditional shifts within a 24-7 operation is required.
If you have the following:
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Customer service experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to navigate within multiple computer programs simultaneously.
- Eagerness to learn about personal lines insurance policies.
Here are just some of the benefits we offer:
- Entry level customer service position – no insurance experience is required
- 100% Paid Training
- Short-term Incentive Plan
- 401K with Company Match up to 6%
- Tuition assistance
- Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Company paid Short-term Disability
- Tremendous opportunity for growth and upward mobility
- Performance is rewarded – you drive your own success
- On-site amenities including: fitness center/shower, Walking trails in and outside, Game rooms, Internet bar, Learning Center, Food vendors, Employee Credit Union/ATM, and more
- Company Store (stamps, DVD rentals, gift cards, and more)
- State-of-the-Art Facility
- Business Casual Dress Code (including jeans)
- Community Involvement (i.e. Corporate Challenge, March of Dimes)
- EXTRA INCENTIVE PAYS FOR NON TRADITIONAL SHIFTS.
- Responds to inbound telephone inquiries in a Claims Contact Center.
- Initiates auto and homeowner claims by obtaining preliminary loss information from agents, insureds and third parties.
- Provide customers with an explanation of the claim process.
- May authorize services such as road side assistance and rental cars.
- Responsible for efficient and accurate completion of customer inquiries regarding the status of existing claims.
- Ensures all customer interactions are clearly and accurately documented in the claim file.
- Maintains job knowledge through intermittent training/learning and incorporates new information into daily tasks.
Job Posting: 11/06/2018