Farmers Insurance Careers
IT Application Subject Matter Expert I
Requisition ID: 180007TM
- Understands customers’ processes and products and how they fit within the goals of the business unit.
- Reviews and validates the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements; Validates suppliers estimates.
- Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality.
- Performs quality review checks on project deliverables.
- Acts as liaison between Business and IT, as assigned.
- Supports users in building Business Case, including cost / benefit analysis, risk assessment, project scope, and development of a high level plan.
- Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting system environmental issues, training as required.
- Level I: 2 years of experience in application development / testing or business / system analysis role.
- Mainframe application development with the Property and Casualty Insurance industry experience preferred.
- Experience in analysis, solution design, development, testing and deployment.
- Strong knowledge of statutory and financial reporting.
- Technical knowledge: Cobol, CICS, DB2, SQL, Easytrieve, JCL, ETL/Informatica, Adabas/Natural.
Job Posting: 10/26/2018
Other Locations: United States, Michigan, Grand Rapids