Farmers Insurance Careers
Sr. Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Requisition ID: 180007V1
Farmers is innovating! Innovation, to us, is not about the next gadget; it's about changing the lives of our customers. We want to drive agility throughout our business, responding faster to market demands. We want to drive creativity, anticipating the next generation of insurance needs. In order to do this, we need you to help us in constructing the organizational, technology, and data capabilities necessary to disrupt our market.
We provide you with a place to grow, build a career, and where everyone truly is part of the team. At Farmers, you will have the opportunity to work on today's most innovative projects in web and mobile. We recognize that our success results from the success of our people and we strive to create a challenging environment that nurtures your talents.
- This role is a key technical contributor in our initiative to establish processes and frameworks, evangelize best practices, and position the organization as a leader in innovation.
- As part of the Quality Engineering Center of Excellence, you will provide leadership and take ownership of tools and infrastructure projects as we transition teams to new technologies.
- You will work with vendors to evaluate, recommend, and implement tools while also building your own frameworks.
- This is an opportunity to make a significant impact on the direction and success of our digital transformation in Quality Engineering at Farmers.
Education Requirements: Bachelors degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience.
- Lead and contribute to engineering efforts, from design to delivery, while solving complex challenges.
- Build next generation test frameworks, tools, and infrastructure using advanced automation solutions.
- Drive adoption of agile methodologies, automation, and best practices in Quality Engineering.
- Increase velocity in the deployment of our Selenium/Appium UI Automation framework.
- Partner with our engineers to help build our new enterprise API automation solution.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- 4 years of agile development experience in Java, Python or similar language.
- 2 years of experience using Git for version control and Jenkins for CI/CD.
- UI automation experience using Selenium and/or Appium.
- API automation experience with tools like Postman, SoapUI or REST Assured - preferred.
- Test data management using NoSQL databases like MongoDB - preferred.
- Experience integrating tools, libraries, frameworks, projects, and supporting test infrastructure - preferred.
- Experience building your own containers/microservices using Docker or similar tool - preferred.
Job Posting: 10/27/2018