Farmers Insurance Careers
ETL Informatica Developer
Requisition ID: 180007WB
- Work under the direction of Software Engineering Manager/Technical Lead on the successful delivery of multiple ETL related projects and processes
- Independently manage development of ETL processes – development to delivery.
- Interface with Business and Business Analysts to understand functional requirements.
- Translate functional requirements into technical specifications for ETL development; develop source-to-target mappings and actively work with Development, Test and Implementation efforts
- Review design, code and migration objects for smooth project delivery
- Work with Data Governance team to ensure data quality
- 5+ years of experience in developing data integration and ETL with Informatica Power Center
- 5+ years of experience with Informatica Power Center 10.x, Power Exchange 10.1, Information Analyst, Metadata Manager
- Strong expertise with advanced SQL on Oracle/DB2/Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experienced in effective management of multiple competing and frequently changing assignments and priorities.
- Should have good understanding of data integration concepts and terminology.
- Experienced with agile project methodologies
- Financial Services/ Life Insurance domain background a plus.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing basics and concepts.
- Exposure to Data modeling – dimensional and relational modeling.
- Strong analytical skills (able to read/write complex SQL queries to analyze data, investigate defects, validate data quality, etc.).
- Experience in BI/DW development.
- SQL Server 2012/2014/2016, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS), SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills (scope, requirements, high-level design).
- Effective time and priority management.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team
- Quick learner, self-starter, organized, and detail oriented.
- Effective problem solving skills.
- Ability to explain complex concepts/issues in simple terms.
- Ability to identify and appropriately escalate issues/risk to management for direction.
- Experience in Life Insurance Industry.
- Experience with SQL Server database administration is preferred
- Experience with other reporting tools including Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Tableau
Job Posting: 09/24/2018