Farmers Insurance Careers
Informatica ETL Developer
Woodland Hills, California
Requisition ID: 1800082V
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Designs and develops computer programs and monitors the work of junior staff to ensure accuracy of program logic and efficient use of computer resources; performs preliminary evaluation of packaged software; conducts system studies, analyzes and evaluates existing manual and computerized systems / procedures to improve efficiency, develops techniques for automating processes as appropriate; conducts Rough Order of Magnitude on application enhancements; determines the need for system security, backup/recovery, data conversion, etc. and makes recommendations; manages system development projects and supports the implementation activities and training, as required; works with business and responds to Production Support issues as necessary.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage day to day development activities on the ETL platform.
- Support the creation of customizations and integrations required to solution delivery.
- Apply best practices and experience to build ETL informatica applications.
- Develop estimates for projects.
- Work closely with other developers in the team, business analyst, QA analyst and project managers.
- Research ETL capabilities as needed to suit business requirements, and provide gap analysis.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
- Minimum 4 -5 years of application design and development experience with Informatica ETL tool ( IICS – informatica cloud experience preferred).
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in Unix shell scripting, SQL(Postgres & Oracle knowledge is preferred) and Autosys scheduling.
- Experience developing solutions and supporting projects from requirements gathering to release management.
- Experience integrating Informatica (cloud preferred) with other applications (especially Salesforce).
- Experience working directly with business users to collect and synthetize needs, and negotiate requirements to account for functionality, speed to market, and level of investment.
- Desired: Experience in data integration with Salesforce.
- Desired: Experience working on Agile teams (Scrum).
- Additional: Experience in developing Business Intelligence applications (e.g., OBIEE, MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Tableau Server, Salesforce Einstein Analytics - preferred).
- Additional: Experience developing on the Salesforce Platform.
- Certified Informatica developer
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Full-time Job Posting: