Farmers Insurance Careers
Strategic Initiatives Project Manager - Woodland Hills, CA
Requisition ID: 18000864
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to apply your learned knowledge and acquire skills on the job. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
- Responsible for managing all aspects and phases of medium to complex projects relating to business transformation, technology including systems integration and senior leadership stakeholder management
- Develop project plans outlining schedules, budget constraints, vendor accountabilities, process flows, staffing requirements and other resource related requirements
- Manage, plan and coordinate project activities to ensure goals and objectives are identified, documented and accomplished within agreed schedules and recognizing associated constraints
- As a part of the project process, identify and manage vendors to assure compliance with business requirements, project goals and objectives
- Documents how the project scope will be defined, managed, controlled, verified and communicated to the project team, stakeholders and customers
- Develops detailed project plans for the entirety of the project lifecycle. This includes identifying all required resources as well as managing roles and responsibilities.
- Leads project meetings and is responsible for providing agendas and meeting minutes.
- Makes necessary presentations and obtains appropriate approvals from all levels throughout the organization
- Creates risk documents to proactively address avoidance and mitigation plans with a tracking process
- Ensures completion and follow through of assigned projects to guarantee all requirements are met in a timely, controlled and quality manner
- Develops ROI analyses with appropriate resources, including the documentation and evaluation of the efficiency and effectiveness of a process, system or other change
- Collaborates with appropriate resources to develop and execute communication and change management plans that support project success by identifying target audiences, content, method, training needs and frequency
- Maintains project schedules, tasks, activity and documentation within a project management system in accordance with quality standards
- Independently executes with leadership and thought-partner mindset
- Ability to adapt to change and has flexibility to identify alternative solutions to meet project and customer needs
- Four-year (4) college degree required
- PMP Certification preferred
- 3-5 years Project Management experience is required
- Project Management Software experience required
- Digital platform transformation and integration experience a plus
- Insurance claims handling experience a plus
- Change Management experience a plus
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent computer skills including proficient knowledge of MS applications - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook, etc.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 10/10/2018