Farmers Insurance Careers
Full Stack Application Developer
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Requisition ID: 1800086X
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
We are looking for a full stack developer who will take a key role on our team. Our full stack developer must have knowledge in all stages of software development. You must be proficient with web development (HTML, CSS, JS), .NET, and Microsoft SQL for backend architecture. You will be working with other developers, engineers, architects, and business representatives to build/maintain/enhance support applications for internal employees. The ideal candidate must be able to be team oriented, driven, self-motivated, and flexible in a fast past and ever changing environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Contribute to the entire application development lifecycle
- Build / Maintain web applications
- Troubleshoot applications for defects
- Continuous improvement to implement new technology
- Investigate/discover API and integration opportunities
- Discover areas of opportunity among inefficient processes
- Continuous training and self-development
- Collaborate with other developers, engineers, system admins, architects, and business representatives
- Follow Agile development practices
- Provide documentation
- Follow consistent/accurate code repository practices.
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
Level I: 1 year experience in application development/ testing or business/system analysis role
- CSS Frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Local application development using C#.NET Winforms or WPF
- Middle Tier
- API creation using C#, Web API
- REST or SOAP API development
- Database development and management with Microsoft SQL and MySQL
- Web server technologies like IIS, Node.js
- ServiceNow development experience is a big plus.
- Code management with GitHub
- Familiar with process management using Agile frameworks
Nice to Have
- Chatbot experience with LEX, AWS, Lambda, etc.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Full-time Job Posting: