Farmers Insurance Careers
Emerging Technology Solution Architect
Requisition ID: 180008AR
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Essential Job Functions
This highly visible senior level enterprise architect role will provide guidance and direction for corporate applications utilizing the internet, web, and cloud technologies. As the world continues to evolve towards a digital-centric paradigm, the necessity for the creation of simple, intuitive, fast, reliable, and constantly improving digital interaction experiences is paramount and Farmers employees need tools & systems that take advantages of these changes. This role will be central in shaping both technical, functional, and strategic aspect so if these experiences, with specific focus on identifying the appropriate aggregation of technologies to satisfy numerous functional imperatives, and effectively evangelize technology choices to both business and technical constituents. To be successful, the target candidate will need broad experience, expertise and curiosity to pursue emerging technology. The focus of this role currently is on the usage of distributed ledger technology in personal lines and commercial insurance applications.
Education Requirements: 4 year degree or combination of education and industry experience. IT background or emphasis.
- 10 years experience with enterprise internet, web, cloud and mobile systems
- Collaborate with other enterprise architects, senior leadership, security Architect, developers, operations, business partners and vendors to evaluate, design, or review enterprise and departmental digital solutions.
- Operate as the enterprise architect for internet, web, mobile and cloud based systems.
- Responsible for promoting and socializing enterprise wide recommendations, software evaluations, and strategy.
- Responsible for implementing, managing and evaluating POCs and pilots.
- Responsible for building and driving alignment to an Enterprise Reference Architecture.
- Ability to influence business and IT in order to align to an Enterprise Roadmap.
Special Skill Requirements
- Possess at least 10 years of experience in the position or a very similar related position.
- Possess at least 7 years of experience presenting to and working with senior leadership.
- Track record of learning and deploying emerging technology solutions.
- Experience with cloud computing and storage (Microsoft & Amazon).
- Experience implementing internet, web, cloud and mobile security.
- Experience evaluating, developing and testing internet, web, cloud and mobile client applications.
- Experience with SSO authentication and authorizations systems.
- Experience with DNS & Network technologies.
- Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Insurance industry experience is heavily preferred.
- Experience with Blockchain/distributed ledger technologies.
- Experience with IoT Solutions/Technology
- Mobile Capabilities and Technologies (mBaas, MDM, MAM, etc.).
- Experience practicing Enterprise Architecture Frameworks, such as TOGAF.
- Experience with service registry and repository architecture.
Internal Title: Senior IT Consultant
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 10/22/2018