We are looking for a diverse group of curious, passionate, and hard-working students to join our summer internship program for 2019!
We are Farmers!
Farmers Insurance is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work and listed in Forbes’ Best Employers for New Grads in 2018. At Farmers Insurance, our employees set the tone, drive our strategy, dream of the future, and create world class customer experiences. Our employees help make Farmers one of the largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses in the United States.
What you’ll get to do as an intern
This is an opportunity to work alongside accomplished Insurance professionals and gain valuable skills for your future. You will learn how we use innovation and technology to drive our business forward. Through project work, job shadowing, hands on work experience, and exposure to Farmers leadership teams you will expand your knowledge and experience.
What we’re looking for
- 10 to 12 week summer internship, 40-hour work week
- Rising seniors working toward Bachelors (BS/BA) degree or entering final year of Master’s program (MS/MA)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated individuals with attention to detail and effective time-management skills
- Eligible to work in the United States
Personal Lines Product Management ensures our company continues to grow profitably, and we oversee the Profit and Losses (P&L) of our customers. As such, we collaborate closely with all sides of the business, including Distribution (Farmers agents), Pricing, Underwriting, Research & Development, Claims, Legal, and Marketing.
As an intern you will develop and present to senior leadership a project geared towards achieving our company strategy. Below are examples of a project you might lead:
- Propose a holistic business strategy around self-driving cars
- Test and evaluate pricing strategies around natural disasters
- Research and propose a pricing and marketing strategy catered to the Millennial demographic
- Investigate and present on proper discount utilization by customers and agents
- Pioneer a new report analyzing coverage opportunities and develop agent marketing strategies
You will develop crucial and highly valuable data analytics skills as well as soft skills through the course of your internship. These include, but are not limited to:
- Data querying, manipulation and visualization in SAS, Access, and Excel using SQL code, advanced functions, pivot tables and charts
- Data analysis, communication and presentation of meaningful insights to peers and senior leadership
- Networking with friendly, highly supportive colleagues of diverse backgrounds and skillsets
- State-of-the-art fitness center/shower, group volunteer opportunities etc.
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 03/21/2019