Farmers Insurance Careers
Customer Application Manager
Requisition ID: 180008D7
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Directs the development, implementation, and maintenance of new and existing results-driven technology systems for major internal applications in Claims. Leads a team that provides technical expertise to ensure optimal customer service and operational efficiency. Develops and oversees plans for small initiatives related to application administration and maintenance. Serves as liaison with functional departments and business units to assure effective regional and field implementations when necessary. Coordinates with Claims communications as necessary. Conducts costs analyses and provides recommendations on new technological capabilities and/or system updates when necessary.
Essential Job Functions
Responsible for the general administration of all Claims Applications Including:
- Oversight of Application Administration Teams
- Defect & Enhancement Backlog Grooming in alignment w/ claims strategy
- Upgrade and enhancement analysis for all Claims applications including coordination with the VMO when appropriate.
- Coordination with VM &PM Teams to support resource availability for contract changes and larger projects.
- Works with training and communication to update operational procedures and support materials surrounding application changes.
- Assists in the management of external vendor relations and performance by monitoring data and providing regular feedback.
- Assists in the coordination of vendor technical involvement in the planning, installation and implementation of technology.
- Manages the performance of a team of technical experts and people leaders.
- Partners with claims leaders to evaluate performance of existing technology and procedures to ensure maximum benefit and utilization.
- Recommends system enhancements as necessary.
- Attends conferences, seminars and demonstrations to maintain knowledge of emerging technologies.
- Continues to build personal skill set by participating in in-house or outside insurance industry related courses, seminars as deemed necessary to expand product/system knowledge.
- Coordinates with Claims leaders and trainers to develop implementation plans, problem resolution, user hints, etc, for the launch of new technology.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Four year college degree required, preferred in an IT or Computer Science related field
1.Five years of Contact Center Operations leadership experience
2.7-8 years Business system and technology integration experience
3.Experience in developing call routing and menuing
4.Project and Vendor management experience
5.Experience in developing customer service strategies
Special Skill Requirement
Strong problem solving and analytical skills
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 10/23/2018