Farmers Insurance Careers
Enterprise Data Architect - SAP
Requisition ID: 180008HD
Enterprise Data Architect is responsible for setting direction across the enterprise, and ensuring that project and program architecture aligns to this vision. Serves as a senior advisor for in implementation of the S/4HANA Finance transformation program vision.
- Ability to influence business and IT executives and leaders to in order to create and promote change.
- Responsibility for the end-to-end finance business process of the future-state solution, SAP package enablement, in alignment with leading practices and implementation strategies.
- Ability to evaluate and assess existing legacy data assets with an eye on modernization and simplification.
- Ability to build sound business case around change management.
- Ability to build and articulate an architecture and delivery roadmap indicating current to future state, focused around clear benefits to both IT and business users.
- Proven experience in architecture governance and peer reviews.
- Ability to authentically and effectively communicate with various stakeholders across business and IT.
- Responsible for creating design patterns and best practices for data and the integration of data through the enterprise.
- Responsible for creating reference architecture, and roadmap necessary to hold architecture delivery to the level of quality.
- Ability to understand and mitigate architecture risk and compromise across work streams driving solution decisions.
- Take guidance from Program management team and plan tactical timelines and deliverables considering cross-workstream impacts and overall methodology of the program.
- Collaborate with legacy application teams to strategically determine scope and/or decommissioning of applications.
- Work with infrastructure team to determine solution sizing and hosting requirements for the different environments across project phases.
- Coordinate with application teams and SAP teams for cutover activities.
- Provide input for the rationalization of proposed custom development objects.
- Identify and develop opportunities for improving existing business processes, increasing ROI and overall effectiveness.
- Facilitate evaluation and selection of enterprise software products as needed.
- 10+ years’ experience as an Enterprise Data Architect in Finance, IT/ERP implementations and integration with downstream transactional insurance systems.
- Must be an expert with significant experience leading SAP Finance solution and enterprise architecture.
- Expert knowledge and demonstrated abilities to lead large, multi-million dollar Data programs.
- Proven ability to work with all levels within the IT and Business organization.
- Well versed in the Finance and Billing data domains.
- Ability to build and manage enterprise data models, leveraging both industry and application specific service models.
- Hands on experience with data profiling tools and processes.
- Expert knowledge of normalized and dimensional modeling techniques.
- Excellent SQL skills and demonstrated ability to write complex SQL for purposes of analyzing data and/or evaluating how information needs might be translated into back end database structures.
- Review data profiling findings for key master data objects from legacy systems, assess compatibility with S/4HANA data structures and rules, and recommend any required mitigation strategies.
- Recommend master data governance model for the program.
- Experience with SAP Finance products (S/4HANA, S/4HANA Cloud, Cloud Analytics.
- Insurance industry experience is heavily preferred.
- Certifications in Enterprise Architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, EABOK, EACOE).
- Insurance data model experience (e.g. IAA and Accord).
- Experience with Metadata applications and solutions.
- Business Process Management process and application experience.
- Experience with Big Data technologies, assessment, and solution architecture.
- Experience with traditional data warehouse and BI.
- Experience with unstructured data through the design and development of content management solutions.
- Additional 3-5 years working in another role within the data domain (i.e. business/data analyst, quality assurance analyst, ETL developer or BI / information delivery developer).
- Additional 3-5 years working in another architecture role outside of EA (i.e. solution, project, system).
- Experience with any existing Cloud Service Provider (e.g. Amazon EC2, Google, or Microsoft Azure).
- Experience with cloud data warehouse platforms (e.g. Snowflake, Amazon Redshift).
- Experience with Hadoop Big Data solutions designs.
- Experience with Oracle, SQL Server, DB2 UDB and DB2 Mainframe.
Job Posting: 10/27/2018