Farmers Insurance Careers
Data Analyst Intern (Trainee)
Requisition ID: 180008IE
- 10 to 12 week summer internship, 40-hour work week
- Rising seniors working toward Bachelors (BS/BA - Data Science or Computer Science is preferred) degree or entering final year of Masters program (MS/MA)
- Experience with programming and/or database tools such as SAS, FOCUS, R, Alteryx, Python, or SQL preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated individuals with attention to detail and effective time-management skills
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Contribute to the development of compliance, legal and regulatory reporting for the Farmers Specialty business unit supporting our Specialty suite of products.
- Program in a mainframe environment using SAS, FOCUS, or another SQL based language.
- Develop data sets to support compliance, legal and regulatory requests.
- Apply creative coding techniques to query internal data sources.
- Communicate effectively to multiple audiences: business, compliance, regulatory, and technical analysts.
- Participate in a cross-functional team to answer simple and complex questions.
- Demonstrate initiative and interest in being mentored as a contributor to real solutions.
- State-of-the-art facility with cafeteria, fitness center and walking trails nearby.
Job Posting: 11/02/2018