We are looking for a diverse group of curious, passionate, and hard-working students to join our summer internship program for 2019!
We are Farmers!
Farmers Insurance is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work and listed in Forbes’ Best Employers for New Grads in 2018. At Farmers Insurance, our employees set the tone, drive our strategy, dream of the future, and create world class customer experiences. Our employees help make Farmers one of the largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses in the United States.
What you’ll get to do as an intern
This is an opportunity to work alongside accomplished Insurance professionals and gain valuable skills for your future. You will learn how we use innovation and technology to drive our business forward. Through project work, job shadowing, hands on work experience, and exposure to Farmers leadership teams you will expand your knowledge and experience.
What we’re looking for
- 10 to 12 week summer internship, 40-hour work week
- Rising seniors working toward Bachelors (BS/BA) degree or entering final year of Masters program (MS/MA)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated individuals with attention to detail and effective time-management skills
- Eligible to work in the United States
The program will be highly collaborative and immersive, with interns working on real Business Insurance Group (BIG) business problems that can span multiple business units within the complex commercial insurance landscape: Product, Actuarial, R&D, Underwriting, Finance, Operations, Distribution, IT.
Here at Farmers, we are embracing this change by taking a customer-centric approach, backed by data-driven insight. One example of how BIG has adapted to the ever-changing insurance market is an innovative partnership with Uber to insure all rides in Pennsylvania and Georgia.
So whether your passion lies in big data analytics (data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, predictive modeling), formulating pricing and marketing plans to hit profit and loss targets, or strategic product development to differentiate Farmers in the marketplace and provide a better customer experience, it’s an exciting time to be in BIG!
- Product analysts should have proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and exposure to at least one programming language (e.g., VBA, SQL, Python, R, Tableau)
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Ability to manipulate and analyze data to address and solve business problems
- Willingness to independently learn and make an impact within a team environment
- State-of-the-art facility with cafeteria, fitness center/shower, walking trails nearby, etc.
- Walking distance to the Village in Woodland Hills, an open air shopping/dining center
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.