Farmers Insurance Careers
Sr. Loss Control Consultant
Requisition ID: 180008NZ
- Virtual Office - candidate preferably is located in the greater Seattle area. Will also consider Portland, OR and Spokane, WA
- Company Car provided
- Territory – WA (90%), MT, N. ID
- May consider less experienced (Loss Control Consultant)
- Responsible for overall account management aspects for large service oriented business; provides loss control expertise and support in the areas of marketing research, risk selection, and solicitation of desirable classes of business within the Zonal environment; provides technical recommendations regarding account selection and criteria for risk quality; works directly with customers and agents to retain accounts and improve results; may have lead responsibilities.
- Provides service on large accounts (i.e. accounts with multiple locations or multiple operations); manages relationship with these accounts across Zones and determines corporate service needs; identifies loss trends.
- Coordinate and monitor delivery and costs of various services to accounts. Communicate information on accounts to all locations, including corporate office.
- Develops report formats/loss control tools appropriate for account; prepares and communicates comprehensive account information to insured corporate level and management team.
- Helps develop service intensive groups. Designs, develops, organizes and conducts training and staff development programs for internal and external customers.
- Attends and participates in business meetings. Participates in joint calls with underwriting to agents and customers.
- Completes research and support for programs from HO as requested. Acts as resource for other staff members. Perform other functions as assigned.
- Effective verbal/written communication skills including the ability to communicate abstract ideas to agents, customers, underwriters, district managers, state executives and all other levels of corporate management. Industry or line-of-business expertise, however, must be able to service all areas.
- Account relationship and management skills. Working knowledge on the application of software programs for the servicing and management of service-oriented accounts.
- Proficient in application of engineering and science technology relating to surveys and underwriting concerns. Competent in applicable local, state and federal codes and standards; (i.e., fire, building, OSHA, life safety, Product Safety Commission, etc.).
- Good communication and negotiation skills to work with and convince customers to make changes which will reduce hazards.
Job Posting: 10/19/2018
Other Locations: United States, Oregon, Portland,United States, Washington, Spokane