Farmers Insurance Careers
Strategic Initiatives Operations Governance Manager - Woodland Hills, CA
Requisition ID: 180008QH
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Owns the administration and governance of the Claims Business PMO, VMO and Application Administration team including ensuring alignment across other areas of the enterprise related to backlog, intake process & prioritization, controls, internal QA. Accountable to the heads of the PMO, VMO and Application Administration teams. Responsible for development and delivery of initiatives as well as oversight of the Governance team.
- Guide and support PMO consultant I activity and deliverables
- Initial acceptance of PMO team work results
- Works with National Managers to define quality metrics (KPIs) and controls to ensure quality across all disciplines
- Development and ownership of department best practices. Includes coordination of regular internal assessments and benchmarking against similar internal and external organizations
- Develops and a strategic roadmap for the team informed by ongoing opportunity identification as a result of continuous QA
- Responsible for the ongoing management of all department tools and templates
- Responsible for managing the high level department development strategy including tracking employee activities, certification maintenance and the hosting of bi-annual calibration events
- Responsible for developing and maintaining PMO Consultant skill maps to be included in the bi-annual calibration events
- Strategic though partner for discussions across Claims related to existing and emerging methodologies and best practices across all disciplines
- Four-year college degree.
- PMP Certification preferred but will accept commensurate experience.
- External candidates should have a minimum of eight (8) or more years of prior claims or other business experience.
- 5 years plus related experience in project management, idea generation and development is preferred but not required.
- 5 years’ experience in managing direct reports.
- Experience in effective coaching and counseling of employees.
- Recognizes employees with strong growth potential and provides opportunities for development.
- Inspires employees to achieve their full potential.
- Experience in project and vendor relationship building and management
- Ability to work with ambiguous assignments including doing research and data analysis
- Process and continuous improvement background highly desirable
***Internal Job Title: USFCLBJ -Strategic Initiatives Staff Manager***
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 10/23/2018