Farmers Insurance Careers
Sr. Front-End Web Developer
Woodland Hills, California
Requisition ID: 180008RB
We are Farmers!
Want to work at a company who aspires to make state of the art technology central to business? Ready to play your part in a team that is skilled, knowledgeable and agile? Looking for that rare combination: the spirit and excitement of a startup with solid financial results? Appreciate an environment where your opinions and contributions are highly valued?
We hire with purpose. We provide you with a place to grow, a place to build a career, and a place where everyone is part of the team. At Farmers, you will have the opportunity to work on today’s most innovative projects in web and mobile solutions. We recognize that our success results from the success of our employees, and we strive to create an environment that challenges and nurtures talent.
Farmers is seeking a seasoned front-end Web Developer to contribute to the development of the next generation of our customer web experience. As part of an Agile team, the senior developer in this role will be responsible for delivering maintainable and high-quality code for Farmers' central customer web experience. You will also actively collaborate with Business and other IT stakeholders to anticipate emergent needs and support business agility.
Essential Job Functions
You will join an Agile team as we build new functionality to enhance world-class customer web experiences. The ideal candidate is a team player who can work well with other functions of the company. Internally, you will recognize and act upon opportunities to improve the front-end development, processes and tools the team uses on a daily basis.
- Play a central role in creating a world-class digital offering and overall customer experience at Farmers
- Identify ways to improve design and development processes as Farmers continues its Agile transformation
- Participate fully in a coding culture of testable, high-quality code and peer review
- Be a driving force for Agile, test driven development (TDD) and continuous integration
- Review business requirements/functional specifications and provide oversight and guidance on proposed technology solutions
- Communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals
- Ensure adherence to architecture standards, risk management and security policies
- 8+ years of professional development experience, with 3 years in a senior role
- Proficient at writing unit tests in the front-end
- 2+ years in an Agile environment
- 5 years using Git or other version control
- RESTful services and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Web application performance analysis and tuning
- Understanding of data design, master data management, application integration
- SDLC experience in planning, creating, testing, and deployment
- Modern build automation tools
- Cloud development experience
Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate controlled office environment.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
Level IV: 5 years of experience in application development/testing or business/system analysis or 1 year as an Application Developer Level Ill
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Full-time Job Posting: