Farmers Insurance Careers
Senior Accounting Manager
Requisition ID: 1800095G
Responsible for researching, maintaining and implementing accounting policies. Responsible for assigned monthly, quarterly, and annual financial accounting and reporting. Develops and maintains accounting system expertise, ensuring system upgrades are thoroughly tested. Evaluates effectiveness and efficiency of systems and processes and recommends enhancements as needed.
- Leads accounting and reporting research activities and prepares documentation supporting the company’s accounting position
- Assesses the impact of new accounting standards and assist/lead the implementation of those standards
- Responsible for the Restructuring accounting process including reviewing and approving requests and providing actual and forecast reporting
- Manages the preparation of quarterly financial reports and analysis
- Manage the preparation and completion of the annual Pension and 401K audits and ensure its submission to the Department of Labor
- Develops and maintains accounting system expertise, ensuring all system upgrades are thoroughly tested
- Evaluates effectiveness and efficiency of systems and processes and recommends enhancements as needed
- Ensure compliance with assigned internal controls
- Coordinate development and communication of department’s business resumption plan
- Complete several special projects as assigned
Required job duties are essentially sedentary in nature, consisting of occasion walking, standing, lifting and/or carrying ten pounds maximum, seeing, speaking, and hearing.
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment.
Bachelors Degree in Accounting required. CPA, CMA, MBA, Masters or similar required. Expert in IFRS accounting preferred.
Minimum of 7 years of prior Accounting or Finance experience including 1 year as an Accounting or Finance Supervisor and 2 years as an Accounting Manager or Supervisor.
- SAP and SAP/BPC preferred
- IFRS accounting experience preferred
- Intermediate MS Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence others to ensure successful completion of assignments
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 11/29/2018