Farmers Insurance Careers
Field Claims Representative - Residential Property - Seattle, WA
Requisition ID: 18000969
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
Field Property Claims Adjusters are responsible for handling all aspects of first-party homeowners, landlord and renter’s policy claims. As the face of the company, we work closely with all types of people in order to guide our customers through the claims process while delivering an industry leading service experience.
- Investigates, confirms coverage, determines liability, establishes damages, reports status and negotiates the settlement of assigned cases (has authority to make payment of assigned claims within prescribed limits).
- You will establish a working relationship with our customers, provide explanations of the claims process, investigate all aspects of the loss, determine coverage, evaluate damages, negotiate with vendors and provide detailed explanations of the claims outcome to the customer.
- Provide great customer service to Farmers Agents and clientele.
- Meet customers face to face to enhance their claims experience.
- Solve problems efficiently with lower customer effort.
- Multi-task while conversing on the phone, searching information and reading, typing, and picking up new technology.
- Effectively manage time in an ever-changing, fast paced, collaborative environment.
- Adapt to each customer and have emotional resiliency to have a positive outcome.
*Employees assigned to the Catastrophe team will be required to travel away from their residence for a specified period of time, usually consisting of 23 days.
- Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals. Performs other duties as assigned.
Bending Pulling Sorting Carrying up to 20 lbs. Pushing, Speaking (English), Climbing Reaching, Standing, Key entering, Reading (English), Walking, Kneeling, Seeing, Writing (English).
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate-controlled office environment, but with exposure to some or all of the following environments when in the field: uncontrolled outside environmental conditions, excessive noise levels, chemicals such as Chemical/Biological conditions, moving mechanical parts, and areas considered dangerous conditions, which could affect the respiratory system or skin such as: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, oils, smoke, soot, or poor ventilation.
- 2-5 years’ customer service experience, preferably in a retail or fast pace environment.
- Construction or Insurance experience highly desirable and preferred.
- Knowledge of architectural estimates and damages, labor cost, negotiations and vendor relationship preferred.
- Candidate qualifications may be reviewed against the requirements for the associated levels of this position's core function.
Special Skill Requirement
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Excellent telephone etiquette
- Excellent time management skills
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Typing (40-50 WPM) and computer skills - MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Experience or exposure to Xactimate highly desirable
- Proficiency with smartphones and applications
- Valid driver's license
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 11/03/2018