Farmers Insurance Careers
Requisition ID: 1800098V
- Directs all activities of the Branch Legal Office in accordance with existing Company and Department objectives, policies, practices and procedures.
- Responsible for assuring that results achieved by Branch Legal office conforms to Company and Department objectives.
- Prepares and submits proper reports concerning the operation of the office.
- Approves all requests for expenditures and costs associated with the operation of the Branch Legal Office.
- Assures maintenance and updating of computerized litigation management systems.
- Consults with and renders opinions to the Claims Department regarding insurance policy questions and questions concerning the legal aspects of the handling of personal injury claims.
- Meets with Claims Department personnel on a regular basis to discuss and handle problems or issues of mutual concern.
- Assigns all litigated claims within a defined territory, either to Branch Legal Office attorn eys or to outside counsel in accordance with Company procedures.
- Performs tasks and special assignments as directed. Develops and im plements controls to assure quality legal representation by all attorneys in the Branch Legal Office.
- In conjunction with the Claims Department and subject to the approval of Vice President, Claims Litigation, identifies the need for, and recommends the addition of outside counsel to list of approved outside counsel.
- Also, identifies the need for, and recommends the removal of outside counsel from list of approved outside counsel.
- Assigns and/or delegates administrative tasks to office personnel as appropriate.
- Actively supports diversity in the workforce.
- In cases of greatest complexity and/or exposure, performs all necessary work on behalf of clients, including preparation of pleadings, motions, discovery and briefs, attendance at hearings, conferences, interviews, and trials or arbitrations, and performance of any other tasks or duties necessary for the proper representation of clients.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
Job Posting: 11/06/2018