Farmers Insurance Careers
Field Property Claims Adjuster - Arlington / Fort Worth
Requisition ID: 180009W6
- Paid training through the award winning and industry leading University of Farmers.
- Flexibility and independence to work outside the confines of a desk job.
- Total Rewards benefits package, 401K, and a competitive starting salary.
- Rapid growth potential and management opportunities for success-oriented people through education, mentorship programs, and inspirational leadership at a company you can be proud of.
- Conduct field based investigations by visiting policyholders’ homes to investigate property damage.
- Use claims handling software, a company car and laptop to determine claims related damage and write estimates in a paperless environment
- Represents the Company from a public relations standpoint and must conduct oneself as a member of Management at all times.
- Use strong customer service skills to negotiate with policyholders to settle the claim.
- Bachelors Degree.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Eagerness to learn about insurance policies and property damage from the inside out to identify how coverage applies to a particular loss.
- Outgoing personality that would enjoy interacting with a wide variety of people including policyholders, claimants, agents, witnesses, and fraud investigators.
- Valid driver's license. Final candidates will also be subject to a Motor Vehicle Record background check, because the position may include a company vehicle.
- Travel to other geographic regions to offer claims support in the event of a catastrophe. Employees assigned to the Catastrophe team will be required to travel away from their residence for a specified period of time, usually consisting of 23 days.
- Inspect roofs and small, confined spaces that have been damaged.
- Attend a company paid training session that will last 1 week. The training will be within your first 12 months. The training will be off-site in one of our University of Famers locations (Westlake Village, CA or Grand Rapids, MI).
- Customer service experience, preferably in a retail environment.
- Construction or Insurance experience highly desirable and preferred.
- Candidate qualifications may be reviewed against the requirements for the associated levels of this position's core function.
- Must achieve minimum passing score on all claims training exams.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral
- Computer skills - MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Proficiency with smartphones and applications
- Valid driver's license
Job Posting: 12/03/2018
Other Locations: United States, Texas, Fort Worth