Farmers Insurance Careers
Requisition ID: 180009YC
- 10 to 12 week summer internship, 40-hour work week
- Rising seniors working toward Bachelors (BS/BA) degree or entering final year of Master’s program (MS/MA)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated individuals with attention to detail and effective time-management skills
- Eligible to work in the United States
Prepares and maintains general and subsidiary ledgers, financial records; prepares financial statements and reports for assigned companies; analyzes and interprets accounting records.
- Reconciliation of bank and general ledger accounts. Identifies adjustments, corrective action, and prepares documentation in support of the reconciliation.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, various reports, and financial records for assigned books of business or companies.
- Prepares, processes, and validates recurring and miscellaneous accounting entries (journals/payments).
- Maintains general and subsidiary ledgers and records for assigned companies.
- Prepares reports and statements for various state and regulatory filings for assigned companies.
- Assists in the financial analysis of special projects and ad-hoc requests.
- Eligible to graduate within a one year period and currently working towards a degree in accounting or a similar degree that would allow the individual to sit for the CPA exam upon graduation.
- Current overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Current GPA within core Accounting or Finance courses of 3.0 or higher
- State-of-the-art facility with cafeteria, fitness center/shower, walking trails nearby, etc.
- Walking distance to the Village in Woodland Hills, an open air shopping/dining center
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 02/07/2019