Farmers Insurance Careers
Claims Director of Special Investigations- SIU
Requisition ID: 180009ZX
- Directs and coordinates all field claims activities related to liability, property and auto physical damage claims within assigned territory.
- Ensures prompt and equitable settlement of all claims in accordance with terms and conditions of each insurance policy, and in conformity with applicable state laws, regulations, policies, practices, standards and procedures.
- Evaluates the quality and cost effectiveness of claims service provided and the adequacy and accuracy of reserves.
- SCOPE Direct indemnity responsibility Significant impact on Exchange results Complex Environment Highly visible Complex reporting relationships >500 Million dollars indemnity Complement > 500
- Directs all field claims activities within assigned territory in accordance with established claims policy and procedures.
- Evaluates and controls the quality of claims service provided and the cost effectiveness of field offices.
- Assures the establishment and main tenance of adequate and accurate reserves.
- Communicates internally with Claims management and externally with State Executives, Agents and District Managers on Claims results, trends, activities, and other matters which affect territory performance, service, public relations and profitability; communicates the same information across functions as appropriate.
- Authorizes and/or approves payment of claims or grants trial authority in conformity with established limits of authority; submits to HO P/L Claims department recommendations on all cases with a potential liability exceeding field claims authority; determines limits on claims settlement authority for personnel under supervision within the limits of prescribed policy.
- Determines action to be taken on claims submitted for the purpose of obtaining authority, resolving coverage questions, and obtaining policy interpretations; and advises on litigated cases.
- Prepares and presents to management recommendations involving all matters of public relations that have a bearing on Company policy.
- Coordinates replies to all claims complaints from state insurance departments or members of the public.
- Oversees the selection, evaluation, compensation, transfer, and termina tion of field claims personnel, in accordance with established personnel policies and practices.
- Determines the overall training needs of field claims personnel in assigned territory; works with HO to develop and/or carry out training programs utilizing staff training facilities and programs.
- Studies and recommends the need for establishment of new Claims field offices and/or changes in present offices, furniture, fixtures, and equipment. Directs annual inspections of all field Claims locations.
- May also direct the planning, development, and recommendation of procedures concerning investigation, evaluation and disposition of catastrophe claims.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Job Posting: 12/11/2018