Farmers Insurance Careers
IT Intern (Trainee) - Java
Requisition ID: 18000A2E
We’re looking for energetic, innovative, passionate, and hard-working candidate to join our internship program for 2019!
Farmers Insurance is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work and listed in Forbes’ Best Employers for New Grads in 2018. At Farmers Insurance, our employees set the tone, drive our strategy, dream of the future, and create world class customer experiences. Our employees help make Farmers one of the largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses in the United States.
- You will learn crucial and highly valuable software development skills (specifically APIs) based on latest technologies and industry leading integration platform as well as soft skills through the course of your internship.
- This is an opportunity to work alongside accomplished technology professionals in insurance industry and gain valuable skills for your future.
- You will learn how we use innovation and technology to drive our business forward.
- Through project work, job shadowing, hands on work experience, and exposure to Farmers leadership teams you will expand your knowledge and experience.
- Design and develop APIs under the guidance of an experienced Software Engineer/Architect.
- Test and resolve issues, fix defects, make production ready
- Collaborate with multiple teams to understand requirements, solutions to create successful APIs that can be used across enterprise.
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program
- Our Technology team is looking for an API developer Intern with a passion for development.
- The team member must be self-motivated, an excellent problem solver and a quick learner.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good collaboration skills to interact with multiple teams at the enterprise level
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Experience in Java programming
- Any prior internship/job experience in software development is a plus, but not mandatory.
- State-of-the-art facility with cafeteria, fitness center/shower, walking trails nearby, etc.
- Walking distance to the Village in Woodland Hills, an open air shopping/dining center
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 01/18/2019