Farmers Insurance Careers
ETL or SQL IT Intern (Trainee) - Woodland Hills, CA
Requisition ID: 18000A3N
Farmers Insurance is proudly certified as a Great Place to Work and listed in Forbes’ Best Employers for New Grads in 2018. At Farmers Insurance, our employees set the tone, drive our strategy, dream of the future, and create world class customer experiences. Our employees help make Farmers one of the largest insurers of vehicles, homes and small businesses in the United States.
- You will develop crucial and highly valuable data analytics skills as well as soft skills through the course of your internship.
- This is an opportunity to work alongside accomplished Insurance professionals and gain valuable skills for your future.
- You will learn how we use innovation and technology to drive our business forward.
- Through project work, job shadowing, hands on work experience, and exposure to Farmers leadership teams you will expand your knowledge and experience.
- Design and develop ETL Mappings, Unix Scripts, SQL queries, Autosys scripts.
- Investigate and resolve issues, bottlenecks and inefficiencies
- Collaborate with Product Management, Product Development, QA and Marketing team to create successful products
- Pursuing a BA Degree or Master’s Degree program with an accredited college.
- Our Technology team is looking for an ETL developer Intern with a passion for development. Having exposure to Informatica ETL tool or any other ETL tool is a plus
- The team member must be self-motivated, an excellent problem solver and a quick learner.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Experience with Postgres/Oracle is a plus
- Working knowledge of FTP and/or SFTP is a Plus
- Unix Scripting experience is a Plus
- Experience with ETL infrastructure administration is a plus.
- State-of-the-art facility with cafeteria, fitness center/shower, walking trails nearby, etc.
- Walking distance to the Village in Woodland Hills, an open air shopping/dining center
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 01/10/2019