Farmers Insurance Careers
Claims Adjuster- Commercial Casualty - Los Angeles, CA
Requisition ID: 18000A4X
- Conducts investigation on assigned cases including complex coverage issues determines liability, identifies subrogation rights, establishes damages, prepares cases for arbitration, reports status, attends settlement conferences as directed, and negotiates settlement (has authority to make payment of assigned claims within prescribed limits).
- Adjusts all types of claims including bodily injury, property damage, multiple line coverage, property, workers' compensation, and no fault (Colorado and Michigan).
- Inspects damaged property, and determines claim related damage.
- Estimates the cost of repair or replacement of damaged or stolen property.
- Determines and reports on subrogation potential. Initiates the sale of personal property, and miscellaneous salvage items.
- Reports theft, fraud and arson losses as required to state and industry agencies. Assists and trains agents under the Agency Claims Training Program.
- Assists in training or less experienced Commercial Claims Representatives.
- Performs most duties on an individual basis, and work has a direct bearing on Management results.
- Represents the Company from a public relations standpoint and must conduct oneself as a member of Management at all times.
- Contacts are a major part of activity and include policyholders, claimants, agents, witnesses, contractors, police and fire departments, state and county fraud and arson personnel, special investigators, attorneys, expert witnesses, members of the medical profession and all other persons incident to the investigation and processing of claims.
- Analyzes detailed coverage issues and is responsible for complex investigation on litigated and unlitigated cases; reads and understands plaintiff complaints and petitions, insurance contracts and indemnity agreements.
- Responsible for high dollar exposure in both indemnity and expense.
- Promotes safety at all times and complies with safety/ergonomic standards as outlined in relevant company published manuals.
- Performs other functions as assigned.
- Successful demonstration/completion of the Senior Claims Representative prerequisites, proficiencies, and exams, as required based on unit assignment.
- External candidates should also have a minimum of one year of prior claims or two years of related industry experience.
- Litigation experience preferred
Job Posting: 12/21/2018