Farmers Insurance Careers
ICFR Sr. Audit Manager – SOC Reporting & Compliance
Requisition ID: 18000A5P
- Lead and facilitate SOC Compliance initiative for ICFR; serve as primary point of contact for external auditors, managing evidence, documentation & meeting requests, assisting with internal control testing, and research and resolution of potential issues
- Oversee all activities related to ICFR SOC reviews ensuring work and deliverables are delivered in accordance with agreed upon timeframes
- Provide technical expertise, leadership and coaching to business partners enterprise-wide for SOC-based controls design/changes as needed
- Partner with Procurement Team to maintain and update SOC Reporting standards, policies and practices as needed
- Partner with internal audit to execute SOC audits and provide monitoring of the annual process and communicate to leadership status and readiness position
- Monitor ongoing updates to the SOC control environment and assist the business with process documentation
- Partner with the ICFR Control Assurance Sr. Audit Manager to provide leadership, training and subject matter expertise to business partners across Farmers to ensure timely execution of SOC control testing
- Partner with the assigned business area process owners to ensure process flows, procedures, controls and CUEC control mapping requirements are kept current and comply with internal and external documentation and regulatory requirements
- Research and keep up to date with changes to SOC requirements
- Build and manage team, as applicable, to support yearly SOC process
- Relationship Management Activities with Executives and business leaders, regulatory matters, etc.
- Serves as subject matter expert on all internal control testing aspects for Farmers' Finance and assurance networks, and Zurich Group SOX.
- Leads multiple departmental special projects at direction of functional leadership.
- Four-year college degree in Accounting, Finance or related business field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master's degree in business or related field preferred.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent designation required.
- Achievement of or current pursuit of Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or equivalent designation also required.
- Ten or more years' experience in Accounting, Finance or Auditing and at least two years managerial or leadership experience
- Experience at big four or large national CPA firm desired
- Strong analytical skills Strong PC proficiency including knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong working knowledge of SOC reporting standards, types, methodologies, documentation and control testing
- Strong understanding of IT audit methodology and strong foundation in Information Technology General Controls (ITGC)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong project management abilities
- Ability to effectively communicate with officers of the Company
- Strong conflict resolution skills and ability to deal with ambiguity
- Strong understanding of Financial Accounting and Internal Control over Financial Reporting (ICFR)
Job Posting: 01/24/2019