Farmers Insurance Careers
Application Test Specialist IV
Requisition ID: 19000009
- Develops, documents, executes, and maintains technical test Cases and test data; Utilizes testing tools, as required.
- May include Integration, System, Regression, Performance / Stress / Volume.
- Analyzes system and business requirements for testability.
- Reports status of test plan execution through defect logs / defect tracking system.
- Ensures that acceptance criteria are met Assists with resolution of environmental issues; supports application development, implementation, and user training activities, as required.
- Analyzes Test Results; assists with troubleshooting and Root Cause Analysis; validates system design Develops test plans, including test scenarios, test objectives, quality criteria and measurement techniques.
- Supports the Configuration / Change Management groups, as necessary, to ensure smooth transition of code through the lifecycle.
- Assists in training of other Testing Specialists.
- Oversees workflow and work distribution within testing area; coordinates activities to meet service levels.
- Validates acceptance criteria for testing phase; maintains knowledge of business unit processes / products to ensure application adheres to functional and quality requirements.
- Provides guidance on the usage of testing tool and development of test Scenario, test Objective, and test Case to Levels I and II Testing Specialists.
- Participates in depth analysis and development of new or revised standards, methodologies, and processes within Testing; develops training material, as necessary.
- Defines the overall testing strategy and manages all technical testing activities; participates in preparation of proposals, action plans, as required.
- Makes project stop/go recommendations to management; recommends recovery actions/process changes, as needed.
- Develops and documents quality criteria and measuring techniques, as required.
- Provides in-depth training on test tools, as necessary.
- May require occasional travelling.
- May require some weekend availability due to software release schedule.
- Good written and oral skills in local language.
- Ability to critically analyze requirements through User Stories and authored detailed test cases/scripts from these.
- Responsible for helping to determine and provide testing estimates (story points)
- Able to analyze status reports and metrics as well as utilize them to make testing and process decisions.
- Proven ability to work effectively in an offshore model.
- Familiar with and experience in using testing tools (including automation tools) such as: Rally, Selenium and Jenkins.
- Understanding of Business Insurance/Commercial insurance preferred but not required.
- Experience with Agile, specifically SAFe methodology (either Leading or Practitioner certified) strongly preferred.
Job Posting: 01/03/2019