Farmers Insurance Careers
Data Analyst - Oklahoma City, OK
Requisition ID: 1900000W
Manage data extract, transformation, and loading procedures and processes for data sets across the enterprise. Provide data in response to one-time or recurring requests for reports or analysis. Understand customer objectives and processes; effectively communicate system capabilities and limitations; and deliver available data. Analyze data quality and take corrective action. Analyze impact of system changes to data/reporting infrastructure (support testing and implementation activities).
Essential Job Functions:
- Extract and manipulate data to solve business problems
- Respond to new requests for data: understand customer objectives and processes
- Review and refine requirements; and communicate estimated hours and timeline to complete
- Extract data using SSIS, Powershell, REST API, or similar query interfaces
- Extract data directly from relational databases (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server), data warehouses, or other data stores using SQL
- Format data for use in Excel, Access, or similar format
- Produce reports manually and through automated scripting; create and maintain scripts and macros used to automate reports;
- Support application testing for enhancements or system upgrades; identify and communicate data quality issues or data differences.
- Communicate effectively:
- Be concise and precise in written communication;
- Describe and document unique aspects or limitations of data to aid understanding.
- Exemplify good teamwork
- Proactively communicate with customers and team members
- Collaborate effectively with other team members
- Bachelor’s degree or specific relevant technical experience or certifications.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in SQL language.
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Microsoft SQL Server.
- SSIS / ETL jobs
- C# .NET
- REST APIs
- Visual Studio
- Familiar with GitHub
- Familiar with Agile Methodology
Farmers is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the strength of a diverse workforce.
Job Posting: 01/03/2019