Farmers Insurance Careers
Solution Architect / Enterprise Architect
Requisition ID: 190000AI
We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world. Start your career at Farmers today!
This Enterprise Architect will play a critical role in establishing patterns, selecting development tools/platforms, designing reusable presentation components that will enable Farmers to create effective, cost efficient, scalable and resilient solutions that will allow us deliver our products/services to the market faster than our competition.
The presentation architecture envisioned will likely require different presentation solutions for various user/roles. There will be tradeoffs and the candidate will need to be able to clearly articulate the costs and benefits so that leadership can make a more informed decision.
To be successful in this role, the target candidate will have broad practical experience delivering solutions using many presentation technologies/techniques (e.g. RWD, REST, SPA/RIA, microservices, REST, Native Mobile, etc.) and some low code platform expertise that could play a role in delivering solutions. Experience abstracting and creating reusable components within and across applications would be ideal (e.g. creating portals connecting to multiple backend business systems).
- Lead the direction, definition and support the governance of presentation architecture strategy.
- Collaborate with architects, senior leadership, security, developers, operations, business partners and vendors to design or review enterprise and departmental applications.
- Responsible for promoting and socializing enterprise wide recommendations and strategy.
- Responsible for implementing, managing and evaluating POCs and pilots.
- Responsible for building and driving alignment to an Enterprise Presentation Reference Architecture.
- Ability to influence delivery, enterprise architects and leadership to align to an enterprise presentation architecture.
Education Requirements: Four year college degree, MBA/MIS a plus. Continue educational development in job related field.
- 10 years experience with enterprise internet, web, cloud and mobile systems.
- Possess at least 10 years of experience delivering solutions involving enterprise portal solutions, or similar user interfaces.
- Possess at least 2-3 years of experience with consumer, internet scale applications.
- Experience with a diverse set of presentation technologies and patterns.
- Experience delivering and managing Restful API’s
- Experience with low code platforms (e.g. Salesforce, Appian, Outsystems, etc.)
- Insurance industry experience is heavily preferred.
- Experience practicing Enterprise Architecture Frameworks, such as TOGAF, preferred.
- Experience with various DevOps and SalesForce.com architecture, preferred.
- Process and capability modeling tools, preferred.
- Experience with service registry and repository architecture, preferred.
Special Skill Requirement
- Project management and development skills.
- Current ongoing awareness of technology and business trends to determine where to apply new technologies.
- Knowledge of IT concepts and disciplines to enable completion of difficult assignments.
- Experience in leading division level projects.
Physical Actions: Required job duties are essentially sedentary work consisting of occasional walking, standing and lifting and/or carrying 10 lbs. maximum, and seeing.
Internal Title: Consulting IT Architect
Job Posting: 01/15/2019