Farmers Insurance Careers
Project Manager II
Requisition ID: 190000BM
- Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations, under the program roadmap in accordance with to Farmers Project Management Framework and Governance guidelines.
- Understands the technical scope, business scope and objectives of the program and ensures project team’s commitment to the program delivery roadmap.
- Drives the execution of project plans and teamwork assignments, directs and monitors work efforts on a daily basis, identifies resource needs, and escalates functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately and ensures issue resolution.
- Responsible for managing all phases of the software development lifecycle and processes.
- Responsible for reporting on project or program progress.
- Responsible for facilitation of issue resolution.
- Responsible for all aspects of managing a project including risk and change management.
- Responsible for project level planning, monitoring and reporting on project performance at local and global levels.
- Responsible for coordinating communication with all areas of the enterprise that impact the schedule, scope, budget and risk of the work effort being managed.
- Responsible for coordination of request for changes from original specifications and ensure proper change communication and impact analysis.
- Responsible for signing off on project deliverables.
- Responsible for the activities involving the Business, Third parties, and other IT entities.
- Responsible for coordination of supplier activities and is accountable for understanding work requests, as well as review of cost estimates from suppliers, where applicable.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Level II: 3 - 4 years experience in an IT project management environment, including 1 year in a supervisory role or 1 year as a Project Manager I.
- Experience in a Scrum Master role for 1-2 years on a team that was diligently applying Agile Scrum principles, practices, and theory.
- Experience in waterfall and agile methodology, or utilizing agile in a traditional corporate environment
- Experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Automated Testing, Pairing, Agile Ceremonies
- Experience applying numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (ie- Burndown techniques, Retrospective formats, etc.)
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continuous improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency.
- Knowledge and usage of tools for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (ie- Rally, TFS, Jira, etc.).
- PMP® certification a plus.
- CSM® certification a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English language.
Job Posting: 02/12/2019