Farmers Insurance Careers
ETL Informatica Developer - Bellevue, WA
Requisition ID: 190000D7
- Work under the direction of Software Engineering Manager/Project Technical Lead on the successful delivery of multiple ETL related projects and processes.
- Independently manage development of ETL processes – development to delivery.
- Interface with Business and Business Analysts to understand functional requirements.
- Translate requirements into technical specifications for ETL development; develop source-to-target mappings and actively work with Development, Test and Implementation efforts.
- Review design, code and migration objects for smooth project delivery.
- Codes instructions for computer programs/objects/components; configures packaged software; tests and implements all changes to ensure they meet specifications.
- Documents and implements programs according to installation standards and conventions.
- Quality checks program code, related objects and documentation. Responds to Production Support issues.
- Works with business as required.
- Analyzes programs to ensure that they efficiently use computer and storage resources; recommends appropriate changes as necessary.
- Conducts preliminary estimates / Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort of new/change to application functionality.
- Analyzes and makes recommendations for the need for system backup, security, restart/recovery, balancing & controls; recommends approaches for meeting such needs.
- Analyzes and documents the requirements and approaches to data conversion and data modeling.
- Conducts system studies, analyzes existing computerized and manual processes to improve efficiency; researches and develops techniques for automation, as approved.
- Monitors the work of junior staff to ensure efficiency, and compliance with specification.
- Designs and develops documentation of proposed procedures and systems.
- Performs preliminary evaluation of packaged software.
- Manages and controls system development projects.
- Supports implementation/training activities; troubleshoots system environmental issues, as required.
- 5+ years of experience in developing data integrations and ETL with Informatica Power Center.
- Strong expertise with advanced SQL on Oracle/DB2/Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experienced in effective management of multiple competing and frequently changing assignments and priorities.
- Strong analytical skills (able to read/write complex SQL queries to analyze data, investigate defects, validate data quality, etc.).
- Should have good understanding of data integration concepts and terminology.
- Experienced with agile project methodologies.
- Experience with Informatica Power Center 10.x, Power Exchange 10.1, Information Analyst, Metadata Manager.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing basics and concepts.
- Exposure to Data modeling – dimensional and relational modeling.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong documentation skills (scope, requirements, high-level design).
- Effective time and priority management.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team.
- Quick learner, self-starter, organized, and detail oriented.
- Experience in Life Insurance Industry.
- Experience with SQL Server database administration is preferred
- Experience with other reporting tools including Business Objects, Crystal Reports, Tableau
- Financial Services/ Life Insurance domain background
Job Posting: 01/18/2019