Farmers Insurance Careers
Liability Claims Representative - North Fresno
Requisition ID: 190000D9
- Participates in an intensive training program in a supervised learning environment, which includes training in claims investigation, liability determination, coverage confirmation, establishing damages, and negotiation of claims settlement.
- The training will also include current claims systems, processes and strategy.
- Employees will be required to complete an exam with a passing grade at certain phases of the training.
- Investigates, confirms coverage, determines liability, establishes damages, reports status and negotiates the settlement of assigned cases.
- Has the authority to make payment of assigned claims within prescribed limits, with supervisory review and approval.
- Adjusts all types of claims. Inspects damaged property and vehicles, and determines claims related damage.
- Initiates the sale of salvage vehicles, personal property, and miscellaneous salvage items.
- Represents the Company from a public relations standpoint and must conduct oneself as a member of Management at all times.
- Personal contacts are a major part of activity and include policyholders, claimants, agents, witnesses, repair facilities, contractors, police and fire departments, state and county fraud and arson personnel, special investigators, attorneys, expert witnesses, members of the medical profession and all other persons' incident to the investigation and processing of claims.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Experience with sales and customer service in a fast pace environment
- Experience in contract negotiations preferred
- General medical terminology knowledge preferred
- Working knowledge of meeting deadlines preferred
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Typing speed of 45+ WPM
- Investigation and Problem solving skills
- Time management skills and being proactive
- Proficiency in navigating through multiple applications and software
- Valid Driver's License
Job Posting: 02/01/2019