Farmers Insurance Careers
Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET)
Requisition ID: 190000EV
Farmers is innovating! Innovation, to us, is not about the next gadget; it’s about changing the lives of our customers. We want to drive agility throughout our business, responding faster to market demands. We want to drive creativity, anticipating the next generation of insurance needs. In order to do this, we need you to help us in constructing the organizational, technology, and data capabilities necessary to disrupt our market.
We provide you with a place to grow, a place to build a career, and a place where everyone truly is part of the team. At Farmers, you will have the opportunity to work on today’s most innovative projects in web and mobile solutions. We recognize that our success results from the success of our people and we strive to create a challenging environment that nurtures that talent.
Farmers Insurance is immersed in a Digital Transformation to drive speed and agility in meeting the needs of our customers. With your help, we can ensure our products continue to meet the quality standards our customers have come to expect.
As an Automation Engineer at Farmers, you will join our Marketing QA team, playing a central role in creating/evolving areas of automated testing. You will set/adapt our test automation processes and identify needed tools/integrations.
Depending on your experience, you will be welcomed as part of one of our Mobile or Web product scrum teams. You will be working side-by-side with these developers, not working in a vacuum. As you grow with us, you will have the flexibility to move between teams while expanding your skill sets and exposure to new technologies.
As a SDET, you will be a member of our automation team and will work closely with other software engineers, functional SMEs, DBAs, Business analysts and product manager. You will be responsible for
- Develop, Maintain and administer a suite of automated tests to exercise browser based UI level functionality testing and REST/SOAP web-services API level testing.
- Contribute to the development and enhancements of the overall automation framework within which the regression tests are administered.
- Incorporate the automation within the regular sprints of the program.
- Integrate automated tests with continuous delivery pipeline to establish continuous test cycle.
- Execute automated functional, regression, and system tests for the core application in JUT, SIT & UAT environment and report test results and quality status accordingly.
- Leverage API’s and service virtualization as you work toward continuous testing.
- Focus on the continuous administration of the regression tests for designated applications and report about the state of quality at any given time throughout projects.
- Work in an agile/scrum environment, meeting sprint commitments and contributing to the agile process.
- Provide clear and concise bug reports and help developers narrow down issues.
- 6+ Years in Quality Assurance, Quality Engineering or Software Development
- 3+ Years of hands-on test Automation Experience in Selenium/Appium testing web/mobile applications and API Automation.
- Proficiency with ANY of the following languages:
- Experience working with automation testing frameworks and tools similar to Selenium, UFT, Cucumber, Appium and test harnesses such as Selenium Grid or Sauce Labs.
- Hands on experience in SOAP/RESTful APIs automation using SOAPUI Pro or Postman (Knowledge in Groovy scripting)
- Familiarity with CI/CD concepts and best practices including build and source control automation tools Jenkins and Git.
- Experience with service virtualization and test data management with tools such as CA Lisa, IBM Optim preferred
- Experience with Agile/Lean Methodologies
- Experience in creating automation test plans & test strategies and leading QA initiatives and teams across waterfall and agile efforts
- Experience managing tasks and defects using products similar to Jira, Rally, or Pivotal Tracker
- Deep knowledge of QA best practices across SDLC
- Exposure within a DevOps culture and a highly collaborative approach
- Strong writing and communication skills; Must be able to clearly describe and discuss problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as a part of both large and small teams in a fast paced, team oriented environment.
- Experience with quality assurance metrics and reporting
- Guidewire and Salesforce working experience is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent or specific relevant experience
NOTE: Internal job title is USFIT07 -Application Test Spec III
Job Posting: 01/23/2019