Farmers Insurance Careers
Business Analyst II
Requisition ID: 190000JW
- Skill in process/work flow modeling is desired
- Familiarity with the Lean methodology is a plus
- Experience on Agile projects is preferred, including:
- Participating in the day to day running of Agile projects
- Using a decomposition approach to identify epics and user stories, as well as, being able to organize into themes
- Writing clear and concise user stories that can be understood by both business and development
- Acts as liaison between Business units and IT at senior level.
- Possesses expertise in the business objectives, processes, and products.
- Oversees business requirement gathering and analysis, risk assessment and project scope; Mentors lower level colleagues.
- Performs impact analysis.
- Support development of application, conceptual design, testing and implementation activities.
- Leads and manages project support staff for medium to large projects/enhancements affecting multiple business and IT departments.
- Develops business requirements through analysis on business activities, industry trends and sponsor requests.
- Works with business leader to define project scope Performs impact analysis of business process changes/enhancements across the organization Understands customer’s objectives, processes and products in order to make educated recommendations.
- Oversees Business Requirement gathering and analysis Acts as liaison between Business Sponsors and IT staff Supports application testing, implementation, and training activities.
- Performs quality review checks on project deliverables Mentors/supervises lower level peers on project tasks by managing the daily and long term work efforts of assigned staff for a particular segment of work.
- May require occasional traveling.
Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent relevant work experience (4+ years Financial. Product, Sales, Service or Systems experience) Completion of or actively pursuing a major insurance designation, or Business Analysis Certification (CBAP) and currently certified for process improvement (Six Sigma or Z-Lean Yellow Belt)
Experience/Special Skill Requirements
2 years as a Business Analyst I, Project Manager or Process Analyst or 5 years of experience in related areas Sound understanding of insurance loss, expense, growth and efficiencies Ability to actively take part in meetings and conferences and communicate effectively Capable of composing reports and high level technical explanations Leads and manages project support staff for medium to large projects/enhancements affecting multiple business and IT departments.
Job Posting: 01/28/2019