Farmers Insurance Careers
Web/Distributed Application SME II
Requisition ID: 190000LJ
- Understands customers’ processes and products and how they fit within the goals of the business unit.
- Reviews and validates the detailed technical design for business applications provided by the supplier to ensure alignment with business requirements; Validates suppliers estimates.
- Estimates Rough Order of Magnitude for the level of effort/cost of new application functionality Performs quality review checks on project deliverables.
- Acts as liaison between Business and IT, as assigned.
- Supports users in building Business Case, including cost / benefit analysis, risk assessment, project scope, and development of a high level plan.
- Supports the implementation activities, troubleshooting system environmental issues, training as required.
- Performs impact analysis of application changes across various components, holding an end-to-end view of the system.
- Specifies / Recommends Integration and Parallel testing criteria.
- Experience in Property & Casualty Insurance industry and knowledge on policy processing, premium calculation and coverage presentation.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in solution design/subject matter analysis of insurance applications.
- Minimum 5 years of insurance experience involving mentoring and overseeing solution and development activities.
- Team Leadership experience.
- Technical knowledge required:Java; JSF; IceFaces; WebSphere environment; Web Service Integration; AIX & Linux environment; Angular; Strong Database knowledge:; DB2/Distributed DB2; SQL and SQL application tuning.
- Good written and oral skills in local language.
- OBM Rational Suite (RTC) – Source Control, Code Merge, preferred.
- Understanding of Policy processing from UI to Middleware to Database, preferred.
- Agile/Continuous Development methodologies. preferred.
Job Posting: 02/06/2019